New helmet design for 2010.



I decided it was time to get a little more patriotic with my helmet design for this year, but it still features some butterflies from last year.

The roundel is based on the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) roundel (My grandfather Jack Waye who built and raced his own racing cars, the Waye 500 and the Holway sportscar, few Catalinas in the war)...





However I've replaced the blue outer ring with two red rings. This pays homage to the double lined 'L' on Nikki Lauda's helmet, who sponsored my early Karting career via his airline Lauda Air.

The top and bottom bands with red stripes picks up on the Union Jack in the Australian flag and is suggestive of Nigel Mansell's helmet, who's fighting spirit and "always be good to your mum" advice I will always live by.

To go with the red and white of the Union Jack, on the back there is the Southern Cross star formation, also on the Australian flag, over my 'TD' logo.

Finally the top of my helmet is donned by swarming butterflies. This is a personal message of strength and transformation for a very good friend of mine, and it's the same design as the tattoo on her belly.